For me, summer is all about relaxation. As teachers, we work hard all year long so we deserve a bit of rest and relaxation! Summer usually starts with some pool and family time, cleaning and organizing the house, and a few short road trips. But after a week or two I can’t help but start thinking about August.
It’s not that I mean to work during the summer. I really wish I could put it all on hold. But I like to reflect on last year and begin thinking about what I’m going do differently next year.
The World Wide Web is the perfect place to begin. I can work on my class Web site from the comfort of my own home, so I can pretend like I’m not working. No one will know, right?
This summer I’ve decided to give my class Web site a complete facelift. The first thing I’m going to do is change the background on my site. If you’d like to do the same, just complete these easy steps:
- Log on to your MyTeacherSite.
- Click on the My Profile section under the Site Management header at the left side of the page. Here you can change the page design, the title on the header of your page, and your security information.
- To change the page design, simply roll your mouse over the thumbnail images so you can view a larger version. Find the design you like and click on the bubble next to the design title.
- Once your changes are complete, click the “Save Info” button at the bottom of the page.
- To view your design changes, click on the link under “My Website” at the top of the page.
Next, I’m going to revamp my Home page. My goal is to make it “the” place for parents to visit when they have questions about what we’re doing in class. You can check my progress this summer by stopping by to visit my site from time to time.
As you are working on your own site, be sure to visit the Home administration page for tips, a getting started guide, and training videos to help you out!